Saturday, January 4, 2020

New Apocalyptic Board Games and Books 2020

Millennium Board Game
Happy New Year, folks!

Here we are, the year 2020 and I for one am grateful to have made it this far. (For those who have cheated death before, you know the feeling.)

And as you can see, Millennium is still on board, beaming down and standing tall like a monolith from another time, waiting to be discovered.

Actual landing time is 9/11, 2020 so it's coming, and before you know it, it's here for the world to see and play.

Sounds dramatic, I know and only time will tell how this game and the books that precede it will be received. I'm working on a shoestring budget so promotions are limited. I'm still testing the waters and so far, I'm happy with the results but in a perfect world I'd market these products in a more traditional way.

ebook, Edge of The Apocalypse
I'm hoping to get a bump from The Game Crafter website, once I release the game for sale. That's the only venue that will offer the game for now until I can get it distributed in stores. And TGC, these are the folks who produce the working prototypes.

Right now, this game and several others in development are a family affair and mostly designed and promoted entirely by myself, and that's difficult enough because unlike most gaming endeavors, I don't have a team of pros to help me get this out there.

Luckily, I'm well-versed in many areas, but that doesn't mean I have it locked down by any means. When all is said and done, there are going to be plenty of loose ends in play.

There's so much to do and so little time to get anything done so it's a challenge in more ways than one, but no excuses. You do your best, make adjustments, and let it go.

And along the way, if you're stubborn like me, you break most conventional rules and try to set different standards in the industry. Probably not the wisest choice to start with, but that's my style. I'm basically going for broke, all in, do or die. (If I can think of any other cliches, I'll let you know.)

Meanwhile, I encourage you to live your dreams and start with what you have. Don't wait on anyone else. Take control and get going. You can learn along the way and if you fail, you've gained valuable experience for your next endeavor.

My reasoning behind these games and books is that I've set out to design and develop Sci-Fi games that I'd like to play and to write books that I'd like to read. Hopefully, many people will join me and connect on some level with these games and stories.

If not, I'm having the time of my life trying, and right now, that's keeping me motivated and driven to succeed. If you'd like me to feature your Sci-Fi game or book, let me know in the comments or drop me an email, I'd love to write it up here.

Please leave me your comments and questions below. Also, consider joining my private email list (above, right column) so we can stay in touch if you're interested in any of these games or books.

Until next time,

Play on!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I almost forgot to mention that I'm finalizing editing on all three books. If you'd like a free PDF file of Book One, let me know, or check out the Amazon Preview.

1 comment:

  1. Greeting, My name is Ryan Carriere. I read your post and this post is really great. I learn something about this book. I am Author and illustrator of the Tales of the Assassin Rising series. I have some books and a website and also This Monday I will launch my new series Assassin Rising. If you need Those things please visit my page.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19389660.Ryan_Carriere

    ReplyDelete