Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Board Games Record Double-Digit Growth . . . ! [reddit.com, DW.com]


Board Games Record Double-Digit
Growth as Interest in Anything Analog Increases

Board Games Growth
Board Game Popularity on The Rise
That's the headline as posted on Reddit from an article on DW.com.
Read the original article and my comments on Reddit

I know there's a big divide along these lines; tabletop games vs. video games. But if you ask me, it's a lot like paperback or hardcover books, vs. ebooks. As a book enthusiast and collector I'm in the habit of buying all three editions of any book I like. So in fact, everyone wins.

It's a lot like that for gaming but not an identical set of parameters because RPG fans may never get into tabletop games of any kind since it's a whole different experience so I think it's safe to say that these are entirely different markets with unique players that don't necessarily crossover.

 There's plenty of room for more 
innovative game ideas

Classic tabletop games such as Monopoly™, Chess, and Clue™, for example, are embedded in our culture and will always sell, especially for the holidays. Other newer, modern games such as, Fallout™ , Scythe™, and Gloomhaven™, standout because they already have specific audiences with a strong following.

And there's plenty of room for more innovative game ideas similar to Scythe and my own brand of the apocalypse, Millennium™. Hey, someone has to break the mold, people. It's not rocket science, it's just fun and interesting game concepts that evolve and emerge with a big demand from new audiences.
Millennium - Glory Beyond The Ages Board Game
Millennium - Glory Beyond The Ages
I'm betting on apocalyptic games because it's what I enjoy playing and designing and I truly believe, like many others, that an apocalyptic event of biblical proportions is on the horizon, so that alone is a great reason to ride that wave, which hasn't peaked by any means.

I'm not trying to make a case for apocalyptic tabletop games because I think there's plenty of room for everyone in the industry to succeed with whatever concept they decide to put out there; RPG or tabletop. Yes, it's always a crap-shoot. Life itself is a gamble at every turn so all we can do is roll with the punches and do our best. Hopefully along the way, we'll find other groups who feel the same way we do and at that point it's a happy match.

What else can we ask for? 

My new board game, Millennium is on track to debut on 9/11/2020. There is a trilogy of books that precedes the game. Edge of The Apocalypse, Book One, Epic Apocalypse - Book Two, and, Beyond The Apocalypse - Book Three.

Edge of The Apocalypse is already available on Amazon. Read the Preview: Book One.

Book Two and Book Three will be available in January and February, respectively.

 The Edge of Time Trilogy
The Edge of Time Trilogy
Yes, Millennium has been a long time in design and development (3 years and counting) but it's about time I release this series along with the board game. 

Time flies and none of us are getting any younger, folks. The time is here and now. Take it or leave it because perfection is the quintessential enemy of progress. And so warts and all, 2020 is the year of Millennium.

I'm confident all the products will do well, maybe sleepers at first but as players discover the books and the game in particular, I think they'll warm up to it and embrace it for what it's worth.

Elon Musk's Cybertruck was a huge controversy when he revealed it last month. Today it's hailed as a work of genius. Not that I'm comparing myself to Mr. Musk. I'm only comparing how people perceive products at first glance.

Time will tell. And the time is now.

Enjoy the ebooks!

Anyone interested can request Book One and Two for free until March as a PDF file. Just shoot me an email and I'll send them right over to you.

3 comments:

  1. Found you from reddit. Where can I find more about your game. Is there a solo mode? Curious to know more. =) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks, Happy holidays Zafri. Yes Millennium comes with solo mode or up to 4 players. Hopefully will be out on September 11, 2020. I'll send you a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greeting, My name is Ryan Carriere. I read your post and this post is really great. I learn something about this book. I am Author and illustrator of the Tales of the Assassin Rising series. I have some books and a website and also This Monday I will launch my new series Assassin Rising. If you need Those things please visit my page.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19389660.Ryan_Carriere

    ReplyDelete