Monday, January 6, 2020

AUTOMATA -A Post-Apocalyptic Movie starring Antonio Banderas [ A Short Review ]

AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas
Here's one of my favorite post-apocalyptic movies of all time, AUTOMATA (2014).
Blade Runner 2049 is a strong first, budgets not withstanding. I know both these movies have been playing for some time, but in my opinion, they are both classics and demand to be seen on a large theater screen.

I love the stark, desolate landscape and the Automata robots, who try to get along with their human counterparts but to no avail can they co-exist, as survival hangs in the balance.

This is Ibáñez first feature film and I must say that he's on to something with the look and feel of this low budget thriller that does not disappoint. Great performances throughout, starring, Antonio Banderas, Dylan Mcdermott, and Melanie Griffith. A strong story-line carries the sparse narrative to a satisfying conclusion.

Banderas rarely gets the credit he deserves but from here, he's always on top of his game. Check him out in HBO's Genius Picasso, one of his best performances. (Hey, he's always amazing.)

I think this film is still playing on Netflix.

See the trailer and details about this awesome film and its director, Gabe Ibáñez for much more.
See the full article on Icon vs Icon


1 comment:

  1. Greeting, My name is Ryan Carriere. I read your post and this post is really great. I learn something about this book. I am Author and illustrator of the Tales of the Assassin Rising series. I have some books and a website and also This Monday I will launch my new series Assassin Rising. If you need Those things please visit my page.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19389660.Ryan_Carriere

    ReplyDelete