Sunday, May 8, 2022

Blade Runner RPG on Kickstarter

 


You've heard the name. You've seen the movies. Here's Blade Runner as an RPG. 

As you also know, musically, Blade Runner is infused with Jazz elements. Check out their intro video (above) on Kickstarter. Catchy, right?

Catchy, yes.

So what does one do when you hear or see something we like? We imitate it. We bounce our own ideas and put our spin on them. Don't feel cheap about it. Musicians and artists have been doing it, "lifting" since Beethoven and since the KJV Bible, for that matter.

So, with that disclaimer out of the way, here's my version of this idea, which is nothing new anyway, but its simplicity and tone appeal to me so here goes.



Yes, it's raw and rough around the edges because it's just a sample I slapped together in about an hour on Filmora by Wondershare. But you get the idea. I think it works and I like it enough to improve it and use it when my own game, Asylum Earth debuts (one of these days) soon.

You know, I use several film editing programs, including iMovie on my Macbook Pro, but I really like Filmora because it's very robust and easy to use. Maybe you haven't heard of it but give it a whirl and see for yourself. You can get a lot done in a short period of time and it's quite flexible so you'll have a good choice of effects to choose from. 

One caveat, however, they've switched to a subscription model. I'm not sure if they sell any of their software outright anymore. In my opinion, since they're not Apple, Inc., why follow their lead? Personally, I don't like the subscription services and already canceled my Adobe Illustrator, at least for now. I'm running an old version of Filmora on my HP laptop but you can download a new trial version for Apple too. 

BTW, I think the Blade Runner Kickstarter is still live, so check it out. I'll admit it has its quirks about digital content but it's worth a look.

Okay, enough clickbait. I'm out for now.

I'm still working on the new Asylum animation but you'll see it posted here soon. Just getting it over to Image Ready. Now there's a throwback, young-guns.

Subscribe to the free newsletter and come on back for more exciting updates and gaming news.


No comments:

Post a Comment