Wednesday, February 19, 2020

DEVS - A Look at The Hulu Sci-Fi Mini-Series [Alex Garland]


You know I'm a sucker for fascinating sci-fi thrillers but I'm not so sure this qualifies. Although, Devs looks promising. It's Hulu's upcoming mini-series, by Alex Garland, writer/director of The Beach and Ex Machina fame, the latter, which is one of my favorite films and why I'm following Devs.

That being said, we catch a glimpse of a giant doll in this trailer, which looks neither ominous nor mysterious in any way to me but you know, the "Hollywood" movie machine needs stars just like the world of sports and someone has to give it a shot. And I hate to judge a movie by its trailer but I don't have much of a choice at this point.

Can that comment be any more condescending? Probably not but this series reminds me of so many other bad concepts taken on by good players indulging in a bit of bad story-telling. Not exactly a high-concept, but Devs' success remains to be seen so let's cautiously hold our breath for the first episode on March 5.

We just might be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Greeting, My name is Ryan Carriere. I read your post and this post is really great. I learn something about this book. I am Author and illustrator of the Tales of the Assassin Rising series. I have some books and a website and also This Monday I will launch my new series Assassin Rising. If you need Those things please visit my page.
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19389660.Ryan_Carriere

    ReplyDelete